We’ll explore how his issues affect your plot, why what those issues are is important and how we make him come across. We’ll discuss cross gender writing and author bias, tearing bias down so we can give you new insight into the male mind.
Having hosted this workshop several times has allowed me to customize the depth of focus to include the gay male mindset and a few other things I think are relevant to creating the male hero in romance. “What Men really care about?” is our ever expanding section detailing the important factors in the lives of successful men. Without the picture of perfection, we’d struggle to get our hero to understand the change/growth difference and how it applies to his life through the heroine as a device for both.
One thing we’ll also cover has to do with my editorial bias in gay romance and why knowing your market is utterly important.
What you’ll learn from this class:
• Male Archetypes and how they affect our characters
• How (il)logical men think and why they act the way they do
• How to take any male character from any movie/story and modify him to fit your story
• How to get your man to express his true “self”
• What men REALLY care about and how to work with that for your characters*
• A man’s self view*
• The GAY MALE Viewpoint*
• The Male Cycle of Emotions and how it compares to the female cycle of emotions
• A man’s journey in life
• What men really think
To sign up, point your browser to Savvy Authors