Saint in Sinner’s Eyes
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
This one’s easy, Burn Notice. I’ve wanted to write the prequel to Saint in Sinner’s Eyes for some time (about three years) but knew only a few things about it. When I was nearing the end of Burning for Derrick, I was jamming a Celldweller song (The Last Firstborn) on my way into SF for a con and Max kinda “smacked me” upside the head, demanding his story. I threw in the paranormal element and one night coming back from a conference in SF I was drinking and jamming Celldweller, trying to let my mind roam with possibility and when I heard Stay with me(Unlikely) and Unlikely(Stay with Me) I knew I had a heroine for Max. And a conflict.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Paranormal erotic romance
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I haven’t the foggiest idea honestly!
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Can Max and Shayla find redemption in each other, while saving humanity from a terrible criminal organization?
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Sartiza Hernandez at Corvisiero Literary Agency will get this once it’s edited.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
The draft took about two months, I tend to do too many things at one time. I’d say start to finish, three months tops.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Good question. None I’ve read so far. I can’t really call it a “spy romance” because it’s not entirely. I mostly read paranormal and am on a JR Ward kick right now but her books are way darker than this one is (at the moment)
9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?
Oddly enough, Max Myers of ACC Cigars, made an appearance as the hero’s brother in Burning for Derrick.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Hot romance, cigar smoking pumas, three letter agencies with conspiracies? Oh and the fact that the body count went higher than normal for a book from me?
In the meantime, check out Dark Sensualities and Primal Instincts, for more paranormal romance!