Lots of interesting things going on in the world of publishing. I’ve had a lot going on, including a partial rejection from Red Sage, that was more like a “Fix this issue and we’ll take another look because the story has potential.” I woke up to that last Saturday and was pretty thrilled despite the hangover and previous bullshit on Friday. (I’m dealing with government crap right now) I’m also burned out for the year.
That’s right, I have nothing left to create. What I DO have are four projects in various stages of editing.
- Stalker has one scene that needs to be fixed. Marisa has an issue with how it comes across and what it doesn’t add to the story so I’ve got to fix that.
- Burning for Derrick needs a complete editing job, it’s still in 1.5 draft mode.
- Submit to Him needs that extra something the editor at Red Sage mentioned.
- Surrender to Love needs me to fill out the contract/paperwork and get that back to Decadent Publishing.
- Both Burning For Derrick and Stalker have sequels both agents want me to work on.
- Oh and there’s a super sekrit project I and Amanda Rhea are undertaking. Details will emerge on that soon. Let’s just hope TV can handle it…
Plus I still have my editorial duties at Sizzler as the reviews are coming in from some of our new releases and I couldn’t be more proud! However this is my AUTHOR platform so I’ll point you over to the Sizzler Editing Blog (mine anyway) in another post.
Plus we’re still getting hype from some of my earlier releases as I seek out reviewers. I’m pretty happy this time of year, for once, despite how swamped I am. At least I don’t have to struggle to create something entirely new. Friday Flash Fiction will be updated until the end of the year then I might make it an archived section on the site. Who knows.